Sunday, January 31, 2010

3 of 10 shawls (done in January) for the 10 shawls in 2010 challenge.




I used some of my stashed handspun for this shawl. Years ago, I had carded some wool, thrown in some colored fleece/wool and some one ply handspun silk yarn. I spun it, skeined it, washed it, and then put it away (after it was dry of course!). When I saw this pattern on Ravelry, I felt this yarn would work. I am happy with the results.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The Dane Shawl-http://knitjaneknit.blogspot.com/2009/06/dane-shawl.html
Knit on size 6 needles with my handspun wool/alpaca. 350+ yards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started January 14th, finished January 20th.
6 skeins of Lan Grossa Bouclerino, 80% Merino (Extra Fine)/20% Polyamid.
I did 34 rows instead of 44, and 3 rows of border instead of 5. I also used a size I instead of the recommended H. It is 86" from tip to left/right hand top. It is 47" from bottom tip to top, and 7'2" across the top.
This shawl reminds me of my great-grandmother. She is the one who taught me all of the needle arts that I use today. And she did granny squares. This shawl is going to feel like a giant soft hug to whomever the receiptant should be.

No comments: