Thursday, March 19, 2009

Knit from your shelf 2009-continued

This is what I started to knit in January for the Knit from your shelf 2009 challenge. Needless to say, I got bored and it got set aside... )o:
I have started binding off for the cap of the sleeve, but haven't finished...yet. Jerry has to shear this Sunday, so this will come with me to get finished. Maybe I will have time to start on the fronts while we are on the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have not stopped knitting though. I am working on socks from 3 of our yarn lines and I am knitting through my wool stash (commercial yarn) making hats and toys.

My kettle dyed worsted weight wool yarn. I started with 400 yards and got one pair of socks for Jerry and I believe I will have the same size socks for me when it is done. I did these both toe up with different heels. Jerry's socks went into the wash (hot wash/cold rinse) with the laundry and survived without shrinking. They just softened up and look slightly 'furry' compared to the one in process.
My wool/llama worsted weight yarn. Natural colored and dyed.
My kettle dyed wool/mohair sock yarn.
My hand dyed wool/nylon sock yarn.
3 of the socks from our own yarn that I need to finish.

One of my 'green' grocery bags. Right now it is holding the socks that need to be finished. Jerry will be shearing a lot soon, so this bag will sit in the Jeep and I will finish them up during shearing season.
Hats are something I can do in my sleep and work well when stuck in the car. And they are something I will sell at my Farmer's Markets.
This is a new to me book that was not (yet) on my shelf. But, they are things that I've not knit before (toys), and I needed something different to do. Garter stitch is one of those boring things, but great for down time, which is something I need right now.

No comments: